To Register by Check or Credit CardO REGISTER BTTy check or credit card
American Psychological Association (APA)
PSCP is approved by the APA to offer
continuing education for psychologists.
The Pennsylvania Board of Social Workers, Marriage and Family Therapists and Professional Counselors has approved APA/PSCP programs for CE credits for these professionals.
For more information about PSCP Continuing Education Workshops, CE Credit or Act 48 Credit contact us at 215-885-2562 or use the Contact PSCP Form.
Below are current offerings for PSCP Continuing Education. Just click on the red "REGISTER" below each date for easy on-line registration. This schedule may change - with programs added or deleted. Please check back or contact the office at 215-885-2562 with any questions.
1. Late Registration Fee of $15 for registration less than 48 hours before a PSCP Workshop.
2. Walk-In Registration Fee of $20 for any registration on site for a PSCP Workshop.
These Fees will be in addition to the workshop fee, which must accompany registration.
3. If a participant finds it necessary to cancel registration less than 48 hours before a scheduled workshop, PSCP reserves the right to issue a certificate for a free future workshop of equal duration. If a participant finds it necessary to cancel registration more than 48 hours before a scheduled workshop, the participant has the option of receiving a free certificate for a future workshop of equal duration or a refund.
Thank you for your interest in PSCP Continuing Education Workshops
Friday, November 22, 2013:
Dyslexia Workshop at Villanova University is
We will be accepting no further registrations or walk in guests.
Please join us for:
Friday, December 13, 2013
9:00 am - 12:00 noon
Julie Meranze Levitt, Ph.D. presents:
The Affordable Care Act—Implications for Independent Practice: History and present status of the Act with a focus on mental health and psychologists as mental health practitioners
Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
Evans Hall, Room 327 , 4170 City Avenue, Philadelphia
Registration and Continental Breakfast 12:30 pm
Credits: 3 CE credits included with registration fee
$95 Non Member
$50 Student Member
$60 Non Member Student
This 3 hour CE program will place the Affordable Care Act (ACA) within the context of providing care and mental health services for persons in the United States who have had limited access to service. It will address the relationship between the ACA and Medicare, Medicaid, Independent Insurers and clients who now are without coverage, asking how those without medical benefits will be served. Changing definitions and roles of psychologists as a result of the ACA implementation, including in big and small practices and new models of care will be explored.
Attendees can expect to:
1. Describe 5 objectives of the Affordable Care Act
2. Name 3 key provisions in the Affordable Care Act that pertain to practicing psychologists
3. Name five skills that will be essential to psychologists working in interdisciplinary teams
4. Briefly describe 3 models of care involving practicing psychologists that pertain to the Affordable Care Act
5. Describe three steps practicing psychologists should take if they want to participate in the care of those who will be enrolled as result of the Affordable Care Act
Contact us at 215-885-2562 or click on Suggestions for CE Topics. We look forward to hearing from you.
PSCP is delighted to be Co-Sponsoring the following Continuing Education workshops. Please contact the presenting organization for registration and questions.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Other CE workshops as well as information about statewide events can be found
at the Pennsylvania Psychological Associationís website:
A participant may arrive no more than 10 minutes late nor leave before the end of the workshop to receive credit for a program.
Full attendance at a workshop is required to receive CE credit.
Late arrivals or early departures will preclude awarding CE credits.
Partial credit will not be awarded.
In the event of inclement weather, the PSCP office will
make every attempt to notify registered participants of any change in a
scheduled workshop. You may check this page the night before AND morning of a
workshop or call the PSCP office for more information at
- Postponement information will be posted on the website by 5:00 PM the day before the workshop.
- Email notifications will be sent to registrants by 5:00 PM the day before the workshop.
- An attempt will be made to notify each registrant by phone (at the number given when registering) the evening before the workshop.
- The outgoing message on the PSCP office phone will give information regarding the workshop only if it is postponed.
- In the event of postponement, registration will be honored at the rescheduled program, or at a future workshop of the registrants choosing.
- Should an emergency arise early in the morning of a workshop
program, a notification will be posted on the PSCP website by 6:30 AM (if
possible) and added to the voice-mail message at the PSCP office.