Description of Services
Services to the Public:
- Referral services: PSCP can assist the public in locating qualified psychologists. Visit Find a Psychologist in our Online Member Directory on the main menu to identify a psychologist, along with his/her area of expertise. Or call our office for more information on a particular psychologist in your area. Verify psychologists' license by visiting Verify License on the main menu.
- Human Services Center: The Human Services Center is designed to meet the mental health needs of the public. One of the primary ways it serves the community is to provide psychological services for individuals who are not able to afford full private-fees. Call our office to locate a HSC therapist in your area. Visit Human Services Center on the main menu for a full description.
- Public Information: PSCP provides the public with the most recent updates on psychologists' credentials, issues of privacy, mental health legislation, public policy, psychological publications, community prevention prgrams, and treatment interventions. Visit For The Public on the main menu and click Psychologists' Credentials, Protecting Your Confidentiality, Behavior and Emotional Health or Social Action, for recent public information.
- Consultation Services: PSCP provides psychological consultation to community groups, governmental agencies, and other public service organizations. Please call our office for more information.
For more information on these services call the PSCP office at
Services for Professionals:
- Referrals: PSCP members may form a professional relationship with other local psychologists by visiting Find a Psychologist in our Online Member Directory or by calling our office directly to enquire about other psychologists for referrals. In addition PSCP publishes a printed membership directory for our members.
- Continuing Education Programs: PSCP offers a series of affordable, cutting-edge, continuing education programs throughout the year. Our organization is an APA approved sponsor for CE credits and also an approved sponsor for ACT 48 credits. Members are also invited to offer workshops to fellow professionals. Visit Continuing Education Events on the main menu to see our upcoming workshops.
- Social/Professional Networking Events: PSCP offers a number of professional/social events throughout the year such as open houses, family picnics, annual dinners, and award events. Click Social Events on the main menu to see upcoming events.
- Ethical Consultation: PSCP offers free ethical consultation to our members. Members can speak directly to our Ethics Chair about their questions. In addition, our Newsletter has an Ethics column where up-to-date articles are published for our readers. Call our office or visit Newsletter on the main menu for contact information.
- Peer Consultation: PSCP offers a number of peer-consultation groups for members who are interested in advancing their clinical skills in a specific area. These include adult and adolescent psychotherapy, clinical geropsychology, and psychological and psychoeducational assessment. Members interested in joining one of our groups should visit Newsletter on the main menu or contact our office for more information.
- Newsletter: PSCP publishes a quarterly online member newsletter that contains workshop summaries, ethics articles, public policy updates, upcoming continuing education workshops, networking events, members' publications, book reviews, career opportunities, and classified advertisements. Visit Newsletter on the main menu or contact our office for more information.
- Web Directory: PSCP General members and their practices are invited to be listed on this site.
- Student Members: PSCP offers a number of career building and professional development opportunities for student members. These include invitations to social/professional networking events, notices of practicum and internship placements, and mentorship opportunities.